Suntrap is situated in the heart of 2,400 hectares of the ancient woodland of Epping Forest, with its rich variety of habitats including woodland, grassland, heath, rivers, bogs and ponds, but within easy reach of east London.
Our 7 acre private site includes;
• 4 fully equipped heated classrooms
• Full class sets of equipment including microscopes and compasses
• 4 ponds (one fully accessible for wheelchair users)
• A range of animals suitable for handling
• Outdoor classrooms and picnic areas
• Accessible terraced garden
• Wellies and waterproofs for all ages
Flexible and adaptable activities led by a Suntrap tutor offering outdoor fun and exploration, which can be tailored to meet your group’s needs. Choose from an activity below, a combination of two activities or we can design a bespoke day for your group.
At lunchtime you will have access to your heated classroom, an area to play or picnic & toilets. Click here for prices.
We offer a range of outreach options for schools bringing Suntrap activities directly to you.
Take Barnaby Bear on a sensory trail through the forest.Find out more
Meet our animals & have an adventure exploring the forest.Find out more
Follow the bear's footprints through the forest with fun activities along the way.Find out more
All done so brilliantly. Delivery of information was excellent, spread of activities was brilliant, children were so engaged