Suntrap is situated in the heart of 2,400 hectares of the ancient woodland of Epping Forest, with its rich variety of habitats including woodland, grassland, heath, rivers, bogs and ponds, but within easy reach of east London.
Our 7 acre private site includes;
• 4 fully equipped heated classrooms
• Full class sets of equipment including microscopes and compasses
• 4 ponds (one fully accessible for wheelchair users)
• A range of animals suitable for handling*
• Outdoor classrooms and picnic areas
• Accessible terraced garden
• Wellies and waterproofs for all ages
*Due to Covid-19 restrictions pupils will be unable to handle the Suntrap animals until further notice.
Flexible and adaptable activities led by a Suntrap tutor offering outdoor fun and exploration, which can be tailored to meet your group’s needs.
Bring packed lunch with you to enjoy after you have worked up an appetite, you will have access to a room & toilets. Click here for prices.
We offer a range of outreach options for schools bringing Suntrap activities directly to you.
We've made it easy, straight forward and bookable.
Thank you very much for all your hard work for our A' level fieldwork course. It was an excellent experience and the girls got a lot out of it.