Suntrap is situated in the heart of 2,400 hectares of the ancient woodland of Epping Forest, with its rich variety of habitats including woodland, grassland, heath, rivers, bogs and ponds, but within easy reach of east London.
Our 7 acre private site includes;
• Residential facilities for up to 60 pupils
• 4 fully equipped heated classrooms
• Full class sets of equipment including microscopes and compasses
• 4 ponds (one fully accessible for wheelchair users)
• A range of animals suitable for handling
• Outdoor activity learning classrooms and picnic areas
• Adventure playground with zip wire and climbing frame
• Wellies and waterproofs for all ages
Flexible and adaptable programmes which can be tailored to meet your group’s needs.
Each activity packs in two & half hours of outdoor fun and exploration, led by a Suntrap tutor. Bring packed lunch with you to enjoy after you have worked up an appetite, you will have access to a room & toilets. Click here for prices.
We offer a range of outreach options for schools bringing Suntrap activities directly to you.
Launching in June 2020 we're offering educational residentials throughout the year.
From July 2019 – April 2020, our much loved building will be having a face lift, during which time the site will be closed. The Suntrap team will be on tour - bringing nature nearer to you.
Suntrap on Tour offers two hour sessions in your school (in a classroom or grounds) or exploring your local woodlands or green space under the guidance of our qualified, expert staff. All workshops can be adapted for small groups of children with SEN.
Cost: £150 per two-hour session (maximum 30 pupils).
Also available; INSET for school staff
Twilight sessions in school grounds; outdoor learning (maths, literacy & problem solving).
Going in the stream was especially memorable and reminded me about our geography lessons about water