Suntrap is situated in the heart of 2,400 hectares of the ancient woodland of Epping Forest, with its rich variety of habitats including woodland, grassland, heath, rivers, bogs and ponds, but within easy reach of east London.
Our 7 acre private site includes;
• Residential facilities for up to 60 pupils
• 4 fully equipped heated classrooms
• Full class sets of equipment including microscopes and compasses
• 4 ponds (one fully accessible for wheelchair users)
• A range of animals suitable for handling*
• Outdoor classrooms and picnic areas
• Adventure playground with zip wire and climbing frame
• Wellies and waterproofs for all ages
*Due to Covid-19 restrictions pupils will be unable to handle the Suntrap animals until further notice.
Flexible and adaptable programmes which can be tailored to meet your group’s needs.
Each activity packs in two & half hours of outdoor fun and exploration, led by a Suntrap tutor. Bring packed lunch with you to enjoy after you have worked up an appetite, you will have access to a room & toilets. Click here for prices.
We offer a range of outreach options for schools bringing Suntrap activities directly to you.
We’ll be taking bookings for our all-year-round educational residentials as soon as we have the government all clear!
The tutor was clear, enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Activities were fun, engaging, interesting and the children learnt such a lot.